Thursday, November 5, 2015

Lolita 52 Week Challenge #2

Number 2: 5 Movies for Lolitas



Today's challenge is all about movies that lolitas might find enjoyable to watch. Read on for my top five favorite picks!


One - Kamikaze Girls

I guess we can start with the obvious. Kamikaze Girls is THE movie for lolitas, and for good reason. The main character is obsessed with the fashion and the film features Baby, The Stars Shine Bright. The friendship between Momoko and Ichigo is humorous and heartwarming. If you haven't seen this one, you better get on it!



Two - Crimson Peak

After seeing it recently, I'm convinced it should be on every gothic lolita's list. The wardrobe is stunning, the filmography is incredible, and the story is haunting. It's not overly gore-y, so if you have a queasy stomach, you should still be able to enjoy it. 



Three - The Phantom of the Opera

I love musicals, so it's not really a surprise for this movie to appear on my list. The entire aesthetic of PotO appeals to me in so many ways, and I feel like at this point the story is a classic. I think because of the elaborate outfits, lolitas will especially enjoy the scene "Masquerade", as seen above. 



Four - A Little Princess

This is a classic movie from my childhood that I used to watch countless times. It takes place in an English Victorian girl's boarding school, and tackles topics like classism, racism, and what it truly means to be a princess. It's a super touching film that will leave you in tears.



Five - The Secret Garden

Another classic movie about children living in Victorian England, this film is also a tearjerker. It's a wonderful and familiar story with lovely visuals, and I think lolitas will enjoy its positive commentary on nature, magic, and friendship.

~~~

So there you have it! My top five movies for lolitas. I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to updating again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment