Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fal-Con Fashion Show!

Recently, I had the opportunity to be part of a con fashion show with my state comm. Although it was a small convention, this was the first time I've ever gotten to model in lolita. The show took place on a Sunday in a town about an hour and a half from where I live. When I got there, there were two others present, so we were directed to our dressing room and started from there.

It was a really good thing we got dressed early, because within the next hour or two, the room was filled to the brim with people changing and putting on makeup, and it wasn't a very large room!

Here's a picture of many of the girls on the steps leading up to the dressing room:


For the show, I was asked to wear OTT gothic, so I was stoked. My coord breakdown is as follows:

- Bella Bows bonnet
- Handmade flower/feather headpiece
- Handmade feather epaulettes
- Handmade necklace
- Dear Celine blouse
- AatP JSK (Rose's Prisoner in the Pirate's Ship [red])
- Skull jewelry (purchased at AWA, not sure of the brand)
- Offbrand tights
- Bodyline shoes

I don't yet have a solo coord pic, but here is a picture featuring all of our gothic models from the show:


Overall, my experience was very pleasant. The con wasn't incredibly exciting due to its size, but I really enjoyed being with my comm and walking in the show. Our comm leader did a fantastic job of emceeing and I really can't ask for better friends within this fashion.

I hope to have an opportunity like this again!



No comments:

Post a Comment