Wednesday, October 28, 2015

~Sweet Mildred Review~

Greetings, all! It's time for my first review here. 

Today I'm doing a review of the Etsy store Sweet Mildred. This isn't actually my first time purchasing from Millie - at last Momocon I picked up one of her "Last Rite" headpieces, and I wear it frequently with both lolita coords and regular gothic outfits. Millie is very kind in person, and I love her items so I was really eager to get some more things from her shop. I ended up purchasing two items, the "Black and Red Gothic Raven Headdress" and the "Black Rose Circular Headdress" (though this item was customized to my preferences). 

First up, I'll show you how the items came!







Everything was packaged well, the items were topped and bottomed with a generous amount of tissue paper, and the items themselves were in a plastic bag.


Now onto the items. The first I looked at was the raven headdress. It was even more beautiful than the stock images, and as anticipated, well made. The headdress features a small, fake raven sitting atop several roses, with additional flowers and feathers as extra garnish. 

Here is the stock image of the headdress:


And here are my photos. As you can see, there are some slight differences. The lace on my headdress is black instead of red, which I actually prefer. The flowers are also different and are a more vibrant shade of red. I actually like the headdress I received even more than the one featured in the stock image!




I'll have to remember to keep these away from my cat - he was seriously eyeing them!

Next up is the round headdress. Here is the stock image:


Here is the headdress I received. My order was somewhat a custom order, as I asked for the ornament to be on a legit headband instead of a tie. Imo, what I received doesn't really look much like the stock image, but it's exactly what I envisioned when I was thinking of my order. My own headdress features black roses, feathers, and a beautiful, thick lace veil. It was a bit difficult to get good pictures of it, but I will be wearing it with an upcoming coord. 



And finally, Millie also included a small ring (not pictured) as a freebie, and a calling card. 



If you're looking for well-made lolita accessories, I highly recommend Sweet Mildred. Now that I have three headpieces from Millie's store I can firmly say that I'll be a repeat buyer. Not only is the quality of her goods excellent, but she's a very quick communicator and will work with you on custom orders. It understandably takes time to make the items, but shipping is fast and I think you'll be pleased.

Final Score:

Communication: 5/5
Shipping: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
TOTAL: 5/5

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment