Friday, October 30, 2015

Lolita 52 Week Challenge #1

I know this is a pretty old challenge now, but I figured it'd still be fun to do. I'm going to try to do absolutely every one of them, and I might do it as a day-by-day thing. We'll see!



Number 1: 5 pieces that every lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm not listing petticoat here. I feel like everyone knows that yes, you need a petticoat. Instead, I want to focus on more unique pieces I feel should be in one's lolita wardrobe.

One - At least one special occasion dress

I think every lolita needs at least one dress they can bring out for special occasions and events. It should be something with lovely textures that can make them feel like a million bucks, and something that you can make as OTT as you want without it seeming weird. As lolitas, I think we have a major right to feel like a princess in these clothes, and there's nothing that achieves that more than a really special, beautiful dress that's made even more special when worn for fancy events.

Two - Shoes you can walk in


I love how heels look just as much as the next person, but sometimes they're just not practical. In lolita, I often find myself walking around a lot because that's when I want to explore and do more things out in the town, or go to festivals, etc. I've been a victim of many a foot blister, and to prevent that I started wearing flat mary janes and teaparties to make my life easier. Seriously, get a flat pair of shoes as a backup, and even if you plan on wearing heels, take them with you just in case!

Three - A distinctly "YOU" piece

Headdress from Black Unicorn Shop on etsy.

I believe every lolita needs a piece in their wardrobe that fits their interests and/or personality - something that speaks to you on a spiritual level, whether it's a main piece or an accessory. Even if you can only coord it with a few things, having a piece that really brings you joy can be wonderful. Plus, even better if it can double as a room decoration.

Four - A solid-color main piece

This is a great thing for all lolitas to have because of versatility. If you're on a budget, a solid-color piece can be a lifesaver as a lolita since it can be coorded in variety of ways. Another great thing about these pieces is that they're often fairly cheap. Even solid-color, second-hand brand can be wonderful, and often they're less expensive than printed pieces.

Five - A legit blouse


In lolita, blouses are one of the easiest way to cut corners. Unfortunately, most button-up shirts you see at the mall just don't cut it. Investing in blouses is really important, because often times what you're wearing beneath a JSK or with a shirt can make or break your coord. I recommend getting several different styles so that you can mix it up. The blouse seen above is chiffon, a wonderful fabric for these pieces since they're so breathable.

And there you have it. Five items I think belong in every lolita wardrobe. 

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment